Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Garden







Ryan has amazed me with his interest in gardening, he does good, the bad part is....I come along with all of the hard work and gardening isn't exactly an interest of mine! I told him I would rather pick and can! We have put several hours into it and I have had muscles hurt that never hurt before! He even had me running the tiller, for some reason we wouldn't let me go though the rows.... which was a good thing because I took out a watermelon hill! Kind of like weed eating, he started it for me and left. I obviously hadn't done that much either because I somehow managed to chop 2 rose bushes down! But hey, I did a good job otherwise! I was trying to be a good wife and help with the yard!

We have a garden at our house and no one was doing a garden at the school (which is huge) so we decided to go ahead and do that one too since our house is on the market to sell and the garden obviously wouldn't go with us! We have put hours into planting, etc and so help me if one of my kids steps on a plant! :o) I don't care if we have 100 of them! Actually the kids have had to help so they are a little more careful! Ryan started his own plants from seed this year! He has done awesome, and it didn't cost much! I'd rather a pack of seeds for 20cents verses one plant for $3-$4.





We have corn, tomatoes, green beans, red and yellow onions, garlic, bell peppers, jalapenos, banana peppers, cucumbers, squash, zucchini, watermelon, cantaloupe and pumpkins(for the kid)! And of course some sunflowers along the edge for fun! At home we have the same just not near as much, and we have our strawberry plants too! I am hoping that it turns out good and we have plenty to can and share!







1 comment: