Tuesday, August 23, 2011

~Ryan~

Ryan had his first business trip / training in Phoenix, AZ for his new job at Amazon. He had to leave on Sunday(which was a very dreaded day for me) and he got back the following Saturday(a very exciting day for me)! He ended up missing most of his first day due to delays with flights which was very nerve racking giving the fact it was the first day on the job. But it all worked out after an overnight stay waiting for the next flight to Phoenix, a $13 hamburger and fry meal (no drink) and a $48 cab ride! It worked out for him to spend most evenings with Bryan and Julia Jones, that was a big help,being away from home, not having a car, etc.! And it was much appreciated! Although I worried way too much, it helped me not worry so much about all the little things!
My kids had daddy with drawls, I had a few emotional times, but we all survived! Only to find out he will be sent to Seattle in January. :o/ Not good news in my eyes. :o) But I am thankful he has a job and there are many opportunities!

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad you made it, Alicia! That's quite an accomplishment :>) I still don't do well after several yrs of trips... but this last January, I learned something... He was gone for 3-4 days and I decided I would do some projects, that went well. It gave me something to do at night and then a time I had to have it all done, theoretically. I tried it again in March, and went thru all the kids' closets and sorted and cleaned out... we ate frozen pizza and pb & j all week, but it felt good to get the stuff done. He may have to be gone in Sept. so I'm planning my project just in case :>) Although, I don't enjoy these times a lot, absence does make the heart grow fonder :>) Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got this idea from Dan Durkee's wife... He was here in revival and after he talked to her on the phone he said, "She won't tell me what she's doing! Every time I have to leave she does a projects and surprises me..." :>) Thought it was a fun idea - for once I have a project to do that's not on his Honey Do List :>)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got this idea from Dan Durkee's wife... He was here in revival and after talking to her he said, "She won't tell me what she's doing! When I'm away she takes on a project and surprises me when I get home." What a sweet thing to do - especially if its off his Honey Do List :>)

    ReplyDelete