Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Fundraiser...

I am doing this on my own and may be crazy, but I am gonna try to do a fundraiser to replace and do some upkeep on the kitchen at the IBS Dorm, once I get my kit I will post more. We will only get 30% profit with me signing up as a "consultant", but I figure it is a start. It could take me a year and it could take me 2 years, who knows. The kitchen is used for all kinds of things, the PFF functions, school functions, serving school lunch, family functions, dorm needs, etc. The money PFF makes is used to upkeep the school, not usually the dorm. It is also, what a lot of "outsiders" see when they come for those functions. A good first impression is always good! The State has asked the school to replace the counter top and they haven't had the funds to do it, as you know, sometimes the teachers are lucky to get paid.:o) The oven in the center island/work station has 8 burners and only 2-3 of them work, the other restaurant range has two burners that work right, the others have issues, and the oven part works when it wants to! I have cooked there several times to know!! :o) It would be nice just to not put a new one in the middle island and do a "new" restaurant oven with more burners.(Steve has been watching ovens and looking for quite a while for a used one) My first goal with profit from selling the Celebrating Homes is $5,000. You can look on line to see what it is. I am waiting for books and will try to get it set up where you can order on line and have it shipped to you!(shipping is a little or should I say a lot high, but it is for a good cause!) If you would rather donate, that is great too!! If you have any ideas or suggestions don't hesitate to share it!
A side note...it would be nice to replace cabinets while replacing the counter tops, if I can raise more money I would like to see that done as well, which needs to be raised at the same time to do cabinets first, but if I can't get enough then we will just do the center counter and oven.

I have an account set up on Celebrating home and will get the link posted on here once I figure out how to do it! If you order, it has to be done under "my party" or it won't benefit the fundraiser, just the company itself.
If you go to http://www.celebratinghome.com/ Enter my Party Code which is AliciaGoins221589 ..... Thank You!

No comments:

Post a Comment